Today, I turned 23.
This isn’t momentous by any means, I mean this is barely any time lived on this earth, but it’s all the time in the world to me. So, I wanted to do a post about the 23 things I learned during this past year on this beautiful planet:
1. I learned that your friends are your family and that they are amazing people full of insight.
2. I learned that I HATE road trips, being stuck in a car is the worst.
3. I learned how to be comfortable within my own mind and to be at peace with my thoughts.
4. I learned to step outside my comfort zone.
5. I learned to be okay with not being in control of everything.
6. I learned how cold the Pacific Ocean is!
7. I learned how to live as a child in my parents’ house again when I moved back home after college.
8. I learned that sometimes you just have to get away.
9. I learned to accept myself for who I am.
10. I learned that the bonds of true friendship can stand the test of time.
11. I also learned that distance means nothing when you truly love someone.
12. I learned that the four years I spent in college weren’t for nothing when I got my first “real” job!
13. I learned how much I want to volunteer and visit with people in other countries, I really want to make a difference in this world.
14. I learned that I want to have a pet of my own.
15. I also learned that I can get VERY anxious on airplanes…
16. But, I’ve learned that my love of travel is much, much larger than my fear of flying.
17. I learned how to accept compliments and not feel uncomfortable.
18. I learned that sometimes, you have to make a difficult decision and let things/people go in order to be happier in your life.
19. I learned that everything can change in an instant. Life is crazily unpredictable.
20. I learned that I do not want to go back to school.
21. I learned to take a risk. Take a chance on things – even if they don’t work out the way you planned, it can open some amazing doors for you.
22. I learned how amazing my parents are, as both my parents and my friends – they are remarkable.
23. I learned to share my life with complete strangers by writing about more personal things on my blog, and I learned how amazing my blog friends and audience are!